Thursday, October 4, 2007

Connecticut Post

My opinion on the Connecticut Post goes like this....
I feel very strongly that the names and details of the jurors should not have been released to the public. There could have been information released about them but their names should never have been released.
In a case so severe as this, it is very possible that the advocates on both sides could possibly retaliate on the jurors if the outcome doesn't turn out the way they would like to. I fear that the victims families could turn on the jurors if Mr. Peeler is not prosecuted and sentenced to death as they feel he should. On the other hand, if Mr. Peeler is convicted and put to death his family and friends wouldn't be satisfied and they too could retaliate.
This is such a strong subject for both familes so I feel that the jurors names should never have been released, especially with their occupations and area they are located. With this information, anyone could find out where they live and come after them. This is the type of information I personally, would never want to get out about myself because you become vulnerable to all the crazies in the world. In this case, there would be many people upset with the jurors no matter which conclusion they come to. Either way they go, someone is not going to be happy with their decision.
I can't believe they would list that type of information about the jurors just because I too, would never want that information released about me to anyone. The world has become too dangerous to give out everyone's personal information. Now I sound way too old but it's true. There is way to much violence and craziness going on.

1 comment:

Gail Towns said...

Good presentation of your opinion. And perfect length and tone, too.